Monday, December 20

Child Drawn Christmas Ornaments

Child Drawn Christmas Ornaments
I love these ornaments! I hope you do too. So simple to make and backed in darling Japanese Christmas fabric. I cut the fabric into 4.5 inch squares, sewed almost around the perimeter (1/4 of an inch away from the edge,) tucked in a bit of trim for the hanger, left an opening for stuffing and then let the kids have at it. Oh, I cut the edges with pinking shears since they were unfinished.

After the kids were finished with their drawing and stuffing I quickly sewed up the opening on the sewing machine. Easy peasey lemon squeezey.

Child Drawn Ornaments

Materials:
White cotton fabric
Totally cute backing fabric (or any piece will do)
poly-fill aka stuffing
Random bits of trim
Pinking Shears
fabric markers

Child Drawn Christmas Ornaments
We were able to have our ornament party today! I'll post a few pictures as well as some helpful hints about hosting one.

6 comments:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

I do love those, Katy! They also remind me of the potholders...didn't you guys make potholders a few years ago with drawings? I must get my hands on some of those fabric markers. I just finished embroidering a "monster bag" for my mom...my kids' monster drawings. To be honest it was hard to pack up and ship. I wanted to keep it for myself. Will you be keeping or shipping those sweet ornaments?

Amie Plumley said...

What a wonderful idea! Must remember for next year!

Gabrielle - Design Mom said...

Those are adorable!

Junk Mama said...

Just a note to thank you for posting the details of your project. Was planning on doing similar idea with my kids--great idea to premake the ornaments! Instant gratification for the kids. I was gonna have them draw pictures and then assemble ornaments after. Now,they wont be waiting for me to stitch them so they can stuff 'em!

Michelle H said...

Very cute and I love how simple they are

Beansieleigh said...

LOVE this idea!! Thanks for sharing it! ~tina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...